STEP 1: OETIO’s Registration for IUOE Local 793 Members
1) Please complete program application.
2) Please return your OETIO’s application along with proof of age (copy of driver’s license or birth certificate or passport) and proof of education (copy of diploma or transcript).
3) You can either send this documentation to OETIO by email to email@example.com or by FAX to the Customer Service and Sales Co-ordinator attention at 613-543-4136.
STEP 2: Second Career Application Progress
Second Career Funding Eligibility will be discussed with the Customer Service and Sale Co-ordinator once you submit your application.
1) Please remember that you must be laid-off or unemployed in order to apply for Second Career Funding.
2) Please note that the Ontario government determines who is eligible to apply for Second Career Funding through the Employment Ontario Community Employment Service Provider Offices – http://www.ontario.ca/page/second-career
3) It is your responsibility to make an appointment to speak with an Employment Consultant to determine your eligibility to apply for Second Career funding. If you are not eligible for Second Career you must provide OETIO with a copy of the Eligibility and Suitability Matrix or Letter on the agency letterhead stating the reason for denial. If you are denied for Second Career your application with be reviewed by the IUOE Local 793 Training Trust Fund Committee for approval OETIO must receive all documents stated in Step 3 (see below).
4) If you are eligible to apply for Second Career Funding, you will require a Second Career “Confirmation of Acceptance Letter” for your final submissions to the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development. OETIO will provide the Acceptance Letter once we receive all documents stated in Step 3 (see below).
1) Be in good standing with IUOE Local 793 including yearly DA up to date
2) Approved Medical Report which can be obtain from a Drive Test Centre or MTO office, this form must be completed by your family doctor
3) IUOE Local 793 member must successfully pass MTO’s written A License prior to attending A Practical Training at OETIO – Morrisburg Campus. Please remember to pay for your practical A testing when you write you’re a written test.
4) IUOE Local 793 member must successfully pass MTO’s written Z Endorsement prior to attending training at OETIO – Morrisburg Campus. The Practical Z endorsement testing will be taken when you perform your practical A test. You must pay for your Z practical at the same time as your written test.
5) WHMIS Certificate is required. If you already have WHMIS please provide a copy of your certificate. If you do not have WHMIS please contact OETIO’s E-Learning Department at 1-855-353-2761
6) Ministry of Labour – Health and Safety Awareness Certificate is required. If you already have the MOL – Health and Safety Awareness Certificate please provide a copy of your certificate. If you do not have the Health and Safety Awareness Certificate please contact OETIO’s E-Learning Department at 1-855-353-2761