Effective July 1st, 2017, the Ministry of Transportation (MTO), implemented mandatory entry-level training for commercial class A truck drivers. All new drivers attempting the Class A road test after the above noted date will have to successfully complete the mandatory entry-level training before attempting the road test.
OETIO offers an Instructor Led -103.5 hour (covered in 4 weeks), MTO approved Commercial Truck Driver Training (Class A) program that meets MTO standards. Upon completion of our program, drivers will be able to write the Class A road test.
- Employment in the Commercial Vehicle Industry
- Vehicle Components and Systems
- Basic Driving Techniques
- Professional Driving HAbits
- Tractor-Trailer Off-Road Tasks & Manoeuvres
- Documents, Paperwork & Regulatory Requirements
- Vehicle Inspection Activities
- Hours of Service Compliance
- Cargo Securement & Loss Prevention
Who should take this course: Anyone who is interested in obtaining a A Driver's License
Course Length: 4 Weeks
- Copy of Approved Medical Report by your physician
- Must successfully pass MTO's written A License and written Z Endorsement - Please send in copies of both written A and Z pass test results along with any receipts that you have been given.
- WHMIS Certificate
- Ministry of Labour
- Copy of Driver's License and Driver's Abstract
Cost: Free to IUOE Local 793 Members. Non-Members $15,000.00
In order to begin the process to take the Commercial Truck Driver
Training Class A, you must follow these steps.
Training is offered at OETIO – Morrisburg Campus
OETIO’s Registration for IUOE Local 793 Members
OETIO's Registration for Feepayers